Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gratitude




About a month ago, I was asked if I would be interested in baking for a promotion ceremony that was for the Youth Empowerment Strategies for Success Los Angeles program at Citrus College. I was honored! I didn't want to "just bake" anything, I wanted to be able to give each student a positive message with the display. ::Thinking, thinking::

I drove down to Chinatown on my lunch hour and picked up three boxes of fortune cookies and went into another store to pick up multi colored paper lanterns. The theme I was going for was good luck and I knew each student would receive their own fortune which was just what I wanted.

I made Whopper Cupcakes for the flavor, with a Whopper candy placed inside each cupcake before baking. I wish I had photos to show more documentation but this was my "pre-camera" baking month. I do have two pictures sent to me from one of the outreach advocates, Stephanie Lopez. Taken with her camera phone but not bad once I was able to edit the colors a bit. Each fortune cookie was dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with colored non pareils. I learned through the process it is best to dip them and allow them to dry on wax paper overnight before placing them on the Whopper Buttercream. Anyhow, when I arrived home yesterday I received a beautiful thank you card and simply had to share. Sometimes it's the smallest ways someone shows gratitude that make the heart smile. Thank you for the opportunity, Stephanie and Emmy!

For more information on the program, please see here! http://www.foundationccc.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=E10q5niOikM%3D&tabid=538

For recipe information on any posts please email me direct at loriannvalencia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment