Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Visions of Velvet Danced In My Head




Surprisingly, despite my fear of red velvet being messy and "not red enough" my first attempt at this for my niece Anneke's birthday came out as close to perfect as can be! I definitely recommend using 1/3 cup of red food color rather then gel paste. I have seen many women comment that they couldn't find enough food coloring, as grocery stores tend to sell a variety pack. Smart & Final carries each color and they run about $3.99 so it's perfect for a recipe calling for it in such large amounts. I can say first handedly that the gel paste wasn't as successful because my husband tried it when we were out of food coloring...note no pictures are posted, sadly it went right in the trash. Disaster number one?

I will be back to post a few more pictures but in the meantime, take a look at my oh so brilliant photos from my phone. We need to work on their photo opps but this will give you an idea for now. If you have any specific questions please feel free to comment and you can contact me directly for any of the recipes I have mentioned here in my blog!

4 comments:

  1. Loriann I am loving the blog. You got your stuff going on in California and I will continue it on here in Arizona!! I am trying to accomplish as much as I can with this whole baking idea you put in my head looking at all the lovely melt in your mouth treats you have posted!! As soon as I get my blog started I will send you the link and if ever I have questions I know who to go to!!!! take care :)Maria~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! There is an entire network on the net of girls like us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your baking its sooooooooo good decorations taste and more!<3 Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... your baking not only looks yummy, but fabulous too!!! I want to surprise my boyfriend with some delicious cupcakes... what places do you recommend in the Southern California area. Also, do cater?

    ReplyDelete